Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Year Ago Today...

A year ago I felt you go,
Though at the time I didn’t know.
I felt your last kick that jolted me awake,
I felt your last breath,
That your soul did take.
I awoke with excitement,
I awoke with fear,
Longing for your face & body,
To hold so dear.
I couldn’t wait for you,
So I went out to prepare instead--
I bought you clothes & linens for your bed.
I got home in the evening,
Daddy came home too.
I told him you would be coming soon,
The house turned into a zoo.
Before I knew it, all were ready
We loaded up the truck,
Shaking excitedly, not at all steady.
I screamed, I cussed, I scratched Daddy’s neck!
My fears subsided just a moment when,
Up to delivery I went.
But something wasn’t right inside,
I begged for someone to help,
But alas, you were already gone.
I screamed till my ears hurt.
There you were inside of me,
But your soul didn’t wait for birth.
My little princess rest in peace,
Was too beautiful for Earth
.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful daughter. Hugs to you and you husband today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry. I only wrote one poem, I want to write others. You wrote that beautifully. ((hugs)) I know it is not easy, not one bit. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow. I will light a candle for you & your little one up with my angel. -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Informative article, totally what I was looking for.



    Feel free to surf to my web page: trick photography and special effects ebook

    ReplyDelete